The second module builds on the new strategic vision for the school (as developed in Module 1) and takes governors into another under-explored strategic area – the character of the school.
This is an issue which Bishop Stephen Cottrell has described as the ‘smell’ of the school, and is a key intangible issue for governors to explore as they set about developing their new strategic vision for the school.
A character diagram is central to this module.
This page gives you all you need to run Module 2.
A room with a couple of large tables pushed together
- A flipchart
- Flipchart pens
- A way of playing back the video clip (within the download package)
- A way of taking an image of your completed character diagram (a phone, iPad or similar)
- Printouts of the various documents contained in the zip file download, as required (see below)
The most important thing is to read carefully through the Facilitator Guide – that gives you all the guidance you need to make the session work well.
You need to download this zip file.
The zip file download contains the following files:
- Session plan.pdf
- Governor handout.pdf
- Setup notes.pdf
- Facilitator Guide.pdf
- School character (video, .mp4 format, 136MB)
- Character diagram – template
- Character diagram – completed example
You also need hard copies of the strategic picture you created in Module 1 (printed in colour)
Note – .mp4 video file should run on any current computer