The four modules within Thinking Governance build on each other, taking the governing body from developing a highly strategic picture of their thinking for the school all the way through to that becoming deeply embedded into the school.
Each module also uses a set of short video clips (typically one minute each) to help governors think about the key issues.
Finally, all of the modules are discussion-based, with the success of each being founded on lively interaction between governors.
The four modules are:
- ‘The bigger picture‘
- in which governors together set an overarching strategic vision for the school
- The ‘smell’ of the school
- in which governors consider the deep issue of the character of the school
- The rubber hits the road
- in which governors take their vision and consider how that becomes a reality
- Indicators of change
- in which governors explore how that reality can be evidenced
There’s more on each module in the ‘Modules’ tab, or by clicking here.