In the current climate, we advise you to use Thinking Governance Express, which is adapted for the Covid-19 context schools are facing. For Thinking Governance Express, please click here.
The original Thinking Governance programme contains four modules to take the governing body from developing a new and highly-strategic view of the school, all the way through to developing a radically-different plan to deliver it.
The modules include short video clips (typically one minute each) to help governors think about the key issues.
Finally, all of the modules are discussion-based, with each being founded on lively interaction between governors.
The four modules are:
- ‘The bigger picture‘
- in which governors create a new strategic vision for the school
- The ‘smell’ of the school
- in which governors consider the foundational issue of the character of the school
- The rubber hits the road
- in which governors take their vision and consider how that becomes a reality
- Indicators of change
- in which governors explore how that reality can be evidenced
You can download each module here – the relevant zip file downloads all the resources needed for each module.